Thursday, December 31, 2009

Celluloid Bachelor #32: Fredrik "Vinterbarn"

Those of you who know me well know that I have a very special place in my heart for Swedish pop. I just love the stuff. And the further I dig in, the more I realize that there is some really wild, smart, and crazy stuff out there.

Today's treat from Sweden comes from Fredrik, the self-described "forest dwelling folk visionaries" from Malmö, an urban area near the southern tip of the country that is almost the size of Cleveland. "Vinterbarn" ("vinter" means winter, "barn" means children) is the first single/video off the band's forthcoming second full-length album, Trilogi. The film is beautiful, as is the song (I'd also add descriptors like swirling and entrancing) and the record itself promises to be brilliant. A compilation of three EPs only previously released in their home country in origami packaging, Trilogi will be available stateside on January 26th. You can pre-order the record her, as well.

Fredrik - Vinterbarn from The Kora Records on Vimeo.

No comments: