Saturday, January 23, 2010

The week ahead: 1/24-1/30 (CB's mostly out of town and didn't do due diligence for the rest of you edition)

I have to admit, I totally blew off paying attention to things going on this week. I'm gonna be out of town for much of the week, and the days that I'll be in town, I'm ridiculously busy. So, being the selfish a-hole I am, I didn't bother writing notes on my calendar about all the cool stuff I would be doing, if I could be doing it.

Thus, don't be surprised when you see "tba" after "tba." And please don't anything tba'd. Sorry, I failed you. We are both going to have to accept this.

Sunday, 1/24 - Catch Cleveland's finest music blogger manning the wheels of steel at this week's Beachland Brunch before viewing either the CSU game against UW-Milwaukee or the filmic portrayal of J.M. Coetzee's celebrated novel, Disgrace, about a white South African professor fired after seducing a mixed-race student at the CMA at 1:30.



Monday, 1/25 - tba

Tuesday, 1/26 - Happy Indie Orthodox New Years! A while back, the Dynamic Duo at the helm of Music Saves realized that the industry puts out a TON of new releases on a Tuesday late in January every year, typically the first big release date since the beginning of the preceding holiday season. In other words, cause for a major hipster celebration. And if you know anything about said duo, it's that they love celebrations.
Wednesday, 1/27 - tba

Thursday, 1/28 - tba

Friday, 1/29 - I'm gonna be out of town tonight, but if I weren't, I can tell you exactly what I'd be up to: catching the opening of the new exhibit at MOCA, From Then To Now: Masterworks of Contemporary African American Art and then heading to the Beachland to hear guitar maniac (and just plain maniac) Glen Schwartz play the Ballroom.
Saturday, 1/30 - Three good options for your entertainment pleasure this evening. The sports-inclined can check out the CSU/Youngstown State battle while the music lovers in you can check out The Antlers @ Akron's Musica club. Finally, you good deed doers out there can check out Ali Fest at the Town Fryer - a daylong fundraiser to benefit local musician Ali Porter, who recently suffered a broken neck and is in need of some support until the healing comes. Click here for more information.

Other stuff to keep your eye on the followi1ng week:

- 2/1 - Movits @ Grog Shop
- 2/5 - Music Saves 33 1/3 Birthday Party
- 2/5 - Along an Eastern Shore screens @ CMA
- 2/6 - Cool As Ice screens @ Cedar-Lee
- 2/6 - Mystery of Two/Filmstrip @ Arts Collinwood (Terry Durst exhibit closing)
- 2/7 - The Mutt Hutt's Smooches and Pooches Valentine's Dance
- 2/8 - Holy Land Hardball @ Mandel Jewish Community Center

No comments: