Monday, November 24, 2008

Only 128 Days Until This Fucking Winter Dies

Two days down, nothing bad to report winter-wise. Or any-wise, really. Today was a kinda grumpy day - apparently I was in no mood to suffer fools, as I was in a no-nonsense mode from start to finish.

I left work around 4, sent a text message to every person I know on the east side seeing if anyone wanted to go see some crazy movie at the Cedar-Lee, and was totally shut out. That was actually a blessing, as the moment I sent the text I realized I didn't actually want to see the movie. Instead I hit Zagara's and Whole Foods, stocked up for my Thanksgiving feast, and bumped into Northeast Ohio's least diligent member of Congress.

I also realized that I only have 1 more day of work (as I define it, which basically means having to do stuff I don't want to do) left this year. How awesome is that?

OK, 128 days to go.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

I mean, I saw a text message with "movie" then "Paris Hilton"...

I had to check my phone eight times to make sure I had the right Justin.

I love the cold weather updates. Can't wait to hear your attitude when the REAL stuff hits. Especially with you on the east side this winter.

Bridget Callahan said...

I heard that movie wasn't very good, from someone who saw it Saturday.

I'm assuming based on the Paris Hilton thing we're talking about the same movie.

Unless somehow there are TWO movies with Paris Hilton in them playing at Cedar Lee.

We went there this afternoon to see something else, and EVERYONE IN THE MOVIE TALKED THE WHOLE TIME.

CB said...

What? Talking the whole time in the Cedar-Lee? I've not had that experience there - mostly because the movies are so bougie they usually attract a crowd quite hostile to in-theater talking. Crazy.

(Also, I am being sincere - for some reason, as I type this, I feel like I'm sounding sarcastic, but I'm not trying to be. After all, C-L isn't Tower City, the single worst theater for talking I've been to in my life.)

CB said...

And yeah, I figured it wouldn't be very good. Kind of schlocky and, at best, "so bad it is good" style, which I wasn't in the mood to waste my time with.

Bridget Callahan said...

I think that's why I get so exceptionally mad at the people who do talk at CL, because I have all sorts of class bitterness left over from my days at too rich private school, and I can just picture them looking down on me for having cable and using it frequently.

But conversely, and perversely, I also expect them to be classier than a crowd at Valley View.