Thursday, June 18, 2009

Will wonders never cease?

So today I go out to check the mail and what do I find but an envelope addressed to yours truly from the City of Cleveland's Parking Violations Bureau.

Immediately I tried to remember if I had any unpaid Cleveland parking tickets and knew I did not. Cleveland Heights - now that might be a different story. You sit too long at a red light here, you are likely to get a parking ticket, so who knows how many I might have that I don't know about.

Anyway, I figure this magic envelope is about to cost me some money, until I open it and ... a check drops out. A check made out to me for $10.

I look at the accompanying letter and find they have decided I overpaid a parking ticket last spring and have refunded me the difference. There is also a hand-written signature and a note that I can call a certain number if I have any questions.

How about that - the city basically ticketed itself and gave the money to me.

Awesome.

No comments: