Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Music to Write By

The last few days I've been sitting in my sweat-box of a home office, trying and largely failing to bang out a mere 3-5 pages for a book proposal I'm working on with a colleague in my real-world, big boy job. Stupid writer's block.

Today, with time running out and a decreasingly patient (for very good reason) co-author, I sat down, determined to finish this fucking thing off.

As usual, music helped. I'm not done yet (and typing this update is probably a stupid detour that will only add to the lateness of my eventual bedtime), but for now, a sincere thank you to the following artists/albums. Something in there, somewhere, finally helped the grown-up writing juices to start flowing:

Bishop Allen, Grrr
Dinosaur Jr, Farm
Thee Oh Sees, Help
The Phenomenal Handclap Band, s/t
Afternoon Naps, Sunbeamed
Eulogies, Here Anonymous
Handsome Furs, Face Control
Human Highway, Moody Motorcycle
The Zookeepers, Giant Black Taco AND Streetsigns
Titus Andronicus, The Airing of Grievances
(especially Titus Andronicus)
Fanfarlo, Reservoir
Film School, Hideout

Thanks again, folks. You saved me from any more time spent looking like this:

No comments: