Sunday, June 21, 2009

Art and politics and art

I'm not sure where I came across this image this morning, I know it was right before I headed out to the Beachland for brunch (and to be locked out of my volunteer shift for the THIRD time in a row at the Arts Collinwood gallery) and that I didn't have a chance to look at it closely then. By the time I returned home, the page was still open on my computer but I'd long since forgotten how it got there. Maybe from my facebook feed? Whatever, doesn't matter. Point is, someone else deserves credit for finding it, and not me.

Anyway, I love this effort and find the blurb below to be hilarious. If you want to play around with the site from which the image came, click here.



Bunny Project at Kalmar Konstmuseum, Sweden 2008

Performance commissioned by Kalmar Museum of Art, Sweden. During the inauguration of the new art museum in Kalmar a suspicious individual sneaked around the premises mounting sculptures made of carrots, alarm clocks, red and blue cables, metal wire and tape. On direct orders from the Swedish secret police the performance was stopped since the Culture Minister refused to give her inaugural speech if it were to continue. The speech , as it later turned out, was about how art must be allowed to be free and provocative.

No comments: