Friday, November 6, 2009

Meet ... Olivia!

Today I went and took my soon-to-be-new dog-ter out for a walk. The folks at the Mutt Hutt were cool enough to let me stop by and hang out with her even though she isn't coming home permanently with me until next weekend. I strapped on her new collar and leash and then we spent a good hour or more hiking around Tremont, doing a few laps around Lincoln Park, up and down Professor Avenue, and all about the neighborhood. It was fun, though I'll say this - Olivia is a terrible walker. And making matters worse, I'm a terrible lead. It's something we'll have to work on.

In the meantime, check out this picture I snapped of her while we were waiting for a light to change. I called her name and she looked up and then jumped up toward me. The way the camera caught it, it looks like she has a huge grin.

I'm super excited to bring her home. I hope Smelly Ellie is ready for Hurricane Olivia to come into our home...

No comments: