Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rocktober

So Mel's recent post (and the one she linked to) gave me the idea about how to rescue another fall month from the grip of shittiness.

As my celebration of Rocktober, I plan to do one awesome thing every day. Awesome to me, that is.

To catch up, here's a list of all the awesome things I've done so far this month. Well, right now it is blank, but when I get a chance to look at my calendar and remind myself what I did last week, I'll update below.

October 8th - bought a cool new chair for my home office (as well as a cheap new couch, dresser, and pair of bookcases). Better yet, as I drove around town today, to work, to Lakewood for a doctor's appointment, to the beautiful Lakewood post office to mail a friend her birthday present, to the furniture store, and finally back home, I got the chance to listen carefully and repeatedly to the (not so) new Taken by Trees album. I sooo love her voice, and there is a moment on Track 5, about the 2 minute mark, where I had a emotional reaction I still can't quite describe.

October 7th - gave a lecture in a theater, just like famous folks do. Also watched the debate.

October 6th - Not any awesomeness here, but see the details on 10/5 for why that isn't necessarily my fault.

October 5th - There wasn't really any awesomeness today. However, as this day came before my re-dedication to October Awesomeness, I don't think it is fair to hold it against me.

October 4th - Today's awesomeness included meeting up with a new colleague for lunch at Melt.

October 3rd - Today's awesomeness included catching The Veils in-store at Music Saves and then a double feature at the CIA featuring The Go-Getter and Poultrygeist. Meeting and chatting with Lloyd Kaufman put the cherry on top.

October 2nd - Today's awesomeness included meeting and listening to one of my favorite authors (Jonathan Lethem) give a talk at the CIA and then lighting out for home to catch the VP debate.

October 1st - I Voted!

3 comments:

Fran Z said...

I like the Rocktober idea, I'm starting now!!
Don't know if you would consider this awesome, but I would......would you help spread the word...http://ohbakes.blogspot.com/
Thanks

CB said...

Holy cow Fran - your pictures look delicious!

Kelly and José said...

We will look fwd to celebrating Rocktober 15th with you at The Frightened Rabbit free in-store :)

And, of course with drinks to follow*

-Kelly