Friday, July 11, 2008

Back in the saddle again

I'm baaa-aack.

I can't tell you how normal and refreshing it feels to sit my ass in my regular desk chair and spin about a bit.

Some observations about our fair city since I've been gone:

1) Crime is SO bad here that I found myself becoming paranoid when the three cities I was in over the last couple weeks didn't seem overtly threatening at all.

2) What is up with all the funeral homes in Tremont? Is there a reasonable historical explanation? I know that's the neighborhood where employed Clevelanders go to have their cars stolen today - did it used to be the place where Eastern European Clevelanders went to die in yesteryear? Just wonderin'

That's all for now. I have some serious unpacking and email responding to do, and then some nice summer grilling weather to enjoy.

Oh yeah, and Mac's Backs is having a pretty stellar event tonight I hope to make it eastward in time for.

Glad (mostly) to be back, pals.

1 comment:

taawd said...

glad to see you've returned to the rock and roll hall of fame city. the crime is getting a little out of control.