Saturday, August 9, 2008

Skeptical

Also, is it just me, or does it seem curious to any of you how quickly and emphatically the government has been making this anthrax case lately.

It seems odd how, now that this mild-mannered scientist is dead, there is this avalanche of evidence showing what a deranged, sorority-obsessed, homicidal lunatic he was. I mean, if this much information comes out within 24-48 hours of his death, don't you think the FBI could have detained him?

You know, the FBI that now insists Bruce Ivins was a lone gunman. How Manchurian Candidate/Warren Commission of them.

Seems awfully J. Edgar Hoover-ish to me. Then again, as news comes out that the White House ordered the CIA to forge a letter "proving" the intelligence the administration cherry-picked to make the case for war, well, lets just say I don't hold much stock in the relative "truthiness" of what I hear.

I'm not saying Bruce Ivins was innocent or even normal. Just that this stuff seems to wrap up awfully cleanly and perfectly. And when that happens, well, the one thing we can be assured of is that the version of events we (the public) is being sold is anything but true.

By the way, this article surveys the ocean of disbelief that exists regarding this case a lot better than I could ever do.

No comments: