Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer Doldrums

I have this awful tendency to let things pile up -- work, chores, communication with friends and loved ones, etc. And when I realize the mountain of crap I've let accumulate, I go straight to denial, followed by a series of day-time naps I can't really afford.

And then I get bummed.

So here I am bummed. Actually, I should say, here I am - sitting in my office at 240 pm on a beautiful day, bummed. I walked here (downtown) from my apartment (Ohio City) to get some exercise. I think, in a few minutes, I'll do the same thing. Well, not the same thing. Actually, precisely the opposite thing, in that I'll be walking from work to home, but you get the drift.

At least I'm getting the exercise, even if I blew all that by enjoying a cold Mountain Dew and an iced honey bun from CVS. Fuck it - I needed that.

So, anyway, I'm just letting y'all know that I'll be absent for a bit. I'm leaving town for a couple weeks (sadly for more work than fun, although I hope and expect to have some of the latter along with a hopefully productive amount of the former). And I hope to not be so bummed when I return.

See you all mid-July-ish.

CB

No comments: