Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mood Brighteners from Odd Corners

I just received a confirmation email from one of the good people over at City Fresh, reminding/confirming that I've signed up for a CSA share to be picked up tomorrow at Lakewood Library.

I cannot tell you how irrationally giddy I am about this.

If you don't already know it, I can't really cook very well. This is especially true when it comes to using veggies.

So I'm really looking forward to the weekly challenge of getting a bag of stuff, grown locally, and figuring out what to do with it. I'm also looking forward to stopping at the West Side Market on Fridays to pick up whatever I still need for recipes I've discovered that I don't have at home.

My collection of kitchen utensils and appliances ranges from dismal to disgusting to non-functioning to plain old absent, so I'm also looking forward to hitting up places like Williams-Sonoma and Target, trying to fill all the empty cabinets in my kitchen. Right now I have one deep skillet that I use for everything, from warming leftovers (I don't believe in a microwave) to cooking pierogies to boiling hot dogs. I can't wait for that to not be the case.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Target is a great place to start building to your kitchen - I would suggest also Tink Holl in Chinatown for some affordable utensils.:)

Christine Borne said...

i'm really curious about what you're going to get! will you take a picture?

also, you are welcome to borrow any of my kitchen stuff. i have way too much....