Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Break time

Had a chance to take a break from the daily grind today and enjoyed myself immensely. Slept in a bit, then woke and caught up on emails and some light reading (random observation: Tom Robbins novels are too long by half). Afterwards, caught a lovely lunch at Dish, then wandered about Ohio City for a bit visiting pals at the Glass Bubble, setting up a tattoo consult at Voodoo Monkey and doing a little more work-related reading at Talkies.

After a brief stop home to feed/walk/water the dogder, it was off with my friend Ken to watch CC throw a complete game shut-out. Now, having arrived home just long enough to cool off from the warm walk and even warmer, super-packed train ride, I'm off to walk Smelly Ellie and then to bed. I have to make up for today's sloth with extra effort in the morning tomorrow.

Ahh, summer time. Can't beat it.

2 comments:

Christine Borne said...

A tattoo? Could this be a midlife crisis settling in?

CB said...

Probably so. :) Actually, I've wanted to get one for a while, a decade maybe, but never felt certain and never knew what I wanted. Now I've finally decided and figured the 30th b-day was apocryphal enough to merit permanent scarring.

So yes, definitely midlife crisis time.