Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snowed in

I have a lot of shit to do today.

More importantly, I have a lot of shit I really want to do today.

The Blizzard of '08 isn't helping me out.

Thanks to it, my car is buried in several feet of drifting snow. I suppose I could walk over to the market and do some quick shopping, but I don't relish the idea of sinking to my knees in snow.

I also had plans to dine with my friend, before seeing a hilarious afternoon show at the Beachland. After that, we were pondering a trip to the Cinematheque. I don't know that any of those things will happen.

So, let me make it fully clear, Ohio - you simply must do a better job of making me happy. Clinton victories and blizzards are not getting it done. Your remarkable plethora of panhandlers on streroids and absent and/or incompetent politicians and civic "leaders" is not doing the trick. Block upon block of ripped up downtown, buffered by more blocks of empty storefronts is not making me happy. And the freaking parking meters in Cleveland Heights.

I think you get the point. Shape up, Clevo.

1 comment:

Christine Borne said...

haha- cleveland is getting in your blood. you sound like monday moaning! seriously, this is just part of your initiation. you gotta show cleveland who's boss!