Friday, March 28, 2008

Oh My ...

So, as I'm logging in to my blog, having typed my ridiculous log-in and password, and as I sit and wait for the process to complete, I look down, realize that at 10:35 on what is ostensibly a work day for most people, yet here I am getting ready to blog, wearing scruffy camo slippers I bought months ago from the Dollar Store, a pair of shorts (the kind that never leave the house), and some old t-shirt from a Czech Bakery in West, Texas (which is actually more in about central Texas, but whatever).

As I notice all these things, and then the pizza boxes in the kitchen, the coffee mugs (that I use for drinking just about every beverage other than coffee, cause my coffee maker broke) strewn everywhere, sneakers and hats and fliers for shows and plays and gallery openings...

and the beginning of some horrible thought starts to work its way through my mind.

It only starts to work its way, because even if it is 10:40 AM (now), I still only woke up a little while ago and I can't deal with this particular blend of self-critical narcissism quite yet.

No comments: