Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RIP, Cooler

There has been a lot of death this year, hasn't there? Probably no more than usual, but for whatever reason, celebrity deaths seem to be the recurring top story on the news.

Some of these have really bummed me out, some not at all, but the one that disappointed me the most was when I heard about Patrick Swayze's passing last night.

I'm not gonna eulogize the dude - didn't know him and didn't know much of his work after the mid-90s. I'll just say that some of my favorite movies of all time - Road House, Point Break, and Red Dawn - were all made better by him being in them.

Instead, feast your eyes on this clip from my favorite Swayze role. I really did like that guy as an actor - his strange blend of intellect, strength, and an agility as feline as it was feminine.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I know you're not much of a tv watcher, but his show The Beast on A & E tv was outstanding, and he was really great in his role as an undercover agent on the edge. Maybe A & E will do a marathon sometime, or you can check out some full episodes on their website. It's worth a look.