Friday, May 2, 2008

etc

Hi. How are you?

I'm fine. Been a bit busy lately, though not with anything of much importance. Went to the Cavs debacle the other night (you know, the one where LeBron though it would be cool to stand at the top of the key for 20 seconds, then chuck up a ridiculous 3 attempt, all while the Wizards were actually trying to win). Ugh. I'm so tired of these damn Wizards.

At least afterwards we went for a nice meal at Momocho. I had the pepite-encrusted trout, again. I can't seem to order anything else, it is soooooo good. We did split an order of the taquitos that come with roasted beets and spinach and stuff - that was also muy awesome. I really like Momocho. You should too.

Other than that, not much. Had lunch with colleagues a couple times at Elements Bistro. That is a surprisingly good place. Good vibe, excellent Ohio-themed menu, all relatively cheap. I think I'm gonna make a habit of going over there once a week or so. Seems like a good way to network with colleagues, at least a fun and affordable way.

Also checked out Bar Cento's patron event last night. I had noted it down on my calendar a while back, probably thanks to some email announcement, but Chef's Widow's comment about the half-naked patron girls sealed the deal. Unfortunately, there weren't any around (at least that I could find, and I looked), but my buddy Mike and I did have the good fortune of interacting with the only off-their-game server I've ever experienced there. Other than the great music and the awesome warmed beets and the fantastic pizzas, the service at Bar Cento is the very best thing about it. It is so good that the slightest deviation is noticeable, especially on a night when your hopes are up for scantily clad tequila mistresses. In reality, Server Girl was probably just having a bad night, or maybe had been dealing with douchebag customers too long. Anyway, we just moved inside, and had great service from a couple of the dudes that work there, just like normal.

Tonight I'm gonna go watch the Cavs game and have make-your-own-Chicago-style-hot-dogs-night. (Do you believe me when I say I'm not afraid of hyphens?) I picked up some sexy all-beef kosher dogs at the West Side Market this morning, but still have to make a run for other toppings like celery salt and sport peppers and the neonest relish I can find.

Tomorrow is Cinco de Moustache at Shoparooni. I'll post more on that later, maybe some "anatomy of a moustache" photos, but in the meantime I'll leave it at expressing how excited I've been for this day to come, mostly because I finally will be shaving the vast majority of my since-January beard off. FINALLY. That shit has been itchy for a while. Tomorrow is also a good poetry day around town, with a Daniel Thompson ceremony near public square and a reading/signing at Visible Voice. Sunday is the Beachland Weenie Roast, with a post-roast show by Film School and Unsparing Sea.

So, lots to look forward to. I'll post a few not-to-be-missed events soon.

1 comment:

mrpink said...

chicago style hotdogs,yum.......YUM!