Thursday, May 22, 2008

West Coast, y'all

Off to Seattle in the morning, home of Cobain, coffee, and umbrellas. (Sorry, I couldn't think of anything rain-related that begins with a "c.") It is a quick trip - out first thing in the morning, back on the red-eye Sunday, but there should still be some time for sight-seeing.

Not a lot on the travel agenda so far, which is rare for me when venturing to a cool place. I guess I've just been too busy to research it very much.

As it is, a colleague and I are gonna grab lunch at Mario Batali's dad's restaurant/cured meats shop, and later a friend (my former #1 dog-sitter actually) from Texas, now living in DC, and I are gonna meat up for drinks at this funky Basque place just a few blocks from the hotel where our convention is being held.

Saturday I actually have to work, for a few hours anyway, but then there is some promising-sounding indie pop show at a club called the Sunset Tavern. Then Sunday I think I'm gonna do some urban hiking through hipster neighborhoods like Fremont and Ballard, which I imagine as hybrids of places like Tremont, Ohio City, Waterloo Road, and Coventry. Then back on the red-eye that night for an awesome early-ass arrival in CLE.

At least I'll be back for at least one day of the Tremont Greek Festival. I've been looking forward to that since I realized I was moving up here in January 2007.

1 comment:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

greek fest y'all!!! love it! but if you really want to go to a good greek fest. the one in canton the first weekend in june trumps the tremont one.