Friday, May 2, 2008

mark your calendars

Everyone told me that spring and summer in Clevo are awesome. With the exception of this recently passed Miserable March, I've always liked the city anyway, but now I'm starting to realize what they are talking about.

Anyway, there are so many cool things coming up this month, I thought I'd make a list for you guys. Things are always so much more fun when there is community energy involved. (Case-in-point: Indie Record Store Day at Music Saves the other day -- awesome turnout, and a great experience.)

Cocktails and Art @ Asterisk -- Saturday, May 3
Cinco de Moustache @ Shoparooni -- Saturday, May 3 (decisions, decisions...)
2nd Annual Beachland Weenie Roast -- Sunday, May 4
Ohio Independent Film Fest -- May 7-11
Hipster author/editor Keith Gessen @ Mac's Back's -- Wednesday, May 7
Art Walk in Tremont -- Friday, May 9
Northeast Ohio Chocolate Fest in Cleveland Heights -- May 10-11
Bike Imitates Art gallery show @ Lake Erie Artists -- Saturday, May 10
DJ Racecard soul dance party @ Beachland -- Saturday, May 10
Killer beer dinner @ Beer Engine in Lakewood -- Tuesday, May 13
From Rust Belt to Artist Belt forum @ Levin School (CSU) -- Wednesday, May 14
New show opening @ Arts Collinwood -- Friday, May 16
Inaugural Alley Cat Friday @ Music Saves -- Friday, May 16 (BYOB)
Hessler Street Fair -- May 17-18
Tremont Greek Fest -- May 24-26
Kids in the Hall @ Playhouse Square -- Saturday, May 31

And a little foreshadowing for the following month:

My 30th Birthday on June 7!

(Yikes)

2 comments:

Christine Borne said...

My 30th birthday is May 19.

Yesterday I found out that one of the people I work with graduated from *high school* in 2005.

That made me feel pretty old.

evencleveland said...

Holy cow. This is what I call comprehensive.

Thanks!