Sunday, May 4, 2008

Evolution of a Moustache

Yesterday was Shoparooni's Cinco de Moustache event.

This was not something I took lightly.

I began training in late February, when proprietor Steve Brown first told me about the event.

Training largely took the form of not shaving again until yesterday.

Yesterday, I transformed my terrible beard into an even more awful moustache.

Below is a photographic display of the evolution of my moustache.

Photo 1 captures pre-competition beard, a candid shot taken in front of the saran-wrapped bus on Waterloo road.


Photo 2 was taken just after my first round of trimming.


Photo 3 was taken after a touch more trimming, a shower, and post-moustache dye job (designed to provide more contrast for the aid of subsequent moustache-viewing by fellow attendees).


Photo 4 was taken following the last trim, fully dressed and ready to go.

No comments: