Friday, March 6, 2009

Grocery Shopping Irony

So the other day I went and did a massive shopping excursion, replenishing all the various household items and refrigerator essentials that had dwindled to nothingness over the past several weeks.

I rarely go shopping in this kind of way, usually instead picking up one or two things at the corner drugstore or grocery. Perhaps because of this, I was endlessly entertained by the bizarre nature of modern marketing. In particular, the Republican-esque nature these stores have of using totally false statements to sell things. I can't decide which of the following is the best example of all, so here were my favorite two instances of such:

1) Market Fresh canned chicken.
2) The Whole Foods logo on their paper grocery bags that reads "more of the good stuff for less.

No comments: