Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The week ahead

Another semi-consistent feature effort from me here, folks. As I mentioned in the previous post, there is a ton of good stuff coming up. I'm a little late in the game for this week as we are already to Wednesday, but better late than never, right?

Right.

This week, in addition to the west side tourism I mentioned in the last post, there is also a JJ Magazine performance at Matinee on W 25th and a killer gallery opening at Asterisk on Friday. While the rest of you lucky lovers will be celebrating Hallmark's tribute to romance on Saturday, I'll be catching Francois Truffaut's "Shoot the Piano Player" (featuring the always-stylish Charles Aznavour) at the CIA, followed by some small plastic cups of Labatt's at the Barking Spider. Sunday is Beachland Brunch day, which is like Valentine's Day for my belly (at least when I order something with the scrumptious coconut risotto), and maybe a trip over to the CMA, followed by napping on the couch and an evening-capping episode of Flight of the Conchords.

Tons of cool shit next week, too, including a couple intriguing shows, a late night installation exhibit, and some cinema excellence, but I'll post more about that at when we find ourselves perched on the precipice of its beginning.

No comments: