Friday, February 13, 2009

Obama Rhetoric Tryptich

I spent last night drinking beer and hanging paintings. That's a lot more difficult than you might think. Not the beer drinking part, but the painting-hanging part. Between the measuring and the leveling and the other stuff, I now have even more appreciation for the work that galerists do.

Anyway, all this is prelude to saying I've been in an artsy-fartsy state of mind. So when I saw this article in slate.com, with this link to Zadie Smith's recent New York Review of Books essay and this link to the Boston Phoenix's mp3-laden article on Obama's fiestier comments from his audio-book editions of his memoirs, I thought: tryptich. And how meta journalism has become in the 21st century.

Total abuse of the word, I know (tryptich, that is, not meta - I used that one just fine). But whatever. Check them out. Especially the Phoenix link. Some funny shit there, whether you are pro or anti the 44th prez.

No comments: