Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Official CB In-store Announcement: Giant Cloud @ Blue Arrow Records THIS Thursday

Dear friends,

It is my great pleasure to announce that Cleveland Bachelor has dipped a toe into the in-store promotion biz. I couldn't think of a better band to start with, either.

THIS Thursday at 6:30 PM, please welcome to the Blue Arrow Records stage, New Orleans-based rockers Giant Cloud.


I stumbled upon these guys at a Park the Van Records day party during SXSW last month. I was there to see Floating Action but came away a new and devoted Giant Cloud fan. When they played "Fingernails" I put down my iphone and stopped sending emails. When the turned to "Old Books" - the title track of their recent EP - I broke out a smile, knowing I'd found a new band I could dig. When they played "Old Soul" - man, I fell in love.

I think you'll do the same. These guys do a full-figured southern folk thing, but louder and more plugged-in than that description might lead you to think. So swing by after work, have a beer or two, peruse the stacks and gaze upon Blue Arrow's amazing album floor, all the while digging the savory sounds of one of my new fave's, Giant Cloud.

See you there,

CB

No comments: