Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tonight in Cleveland (6/9): Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros @ House of Blues

I've written elsewhere and repeatedly how much I love this band. You are crazy if you don't go see them. Ignore the hipster anti-HOB snobbery about bad sound and expensive drinks (both claims are largely incorrect) and hit up what promises to be one of the best shows you'll see this year. In fact, be smart and go grab dinner at the HOB restaurant beforehand (I heartily endorse the rosemary cornbread and the specialty shrimp dish) and you'll get to enter before everyone else, thus ensuring the opportunity to get right upfront. Trust me - for this show, you'll want to have a bird's-eye view.

Tickets are $17, doors open at 7, the show starts with openers Dawes at 8. If you need more info, check out the venue's site here.

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros "Home" from Edward Sharpe on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

How was the show? Was Jade there? (I've seen them twice and she wasn't there either time.)

CB said...

I ended up not making it! But the last time I saw them, Jade wasn't there either.