Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Viva Austin!

It's vacation time!

Some of you may be saying "What's this guy talking about - hasn't he been on a blogging vacation for like 6 weeks now?"

I would say to you: Point scored, Federer.

To the rest of you, I'm super happy to note I will soon be departing for the sunny climes and rockin' good times of Austin's annual sxsw event. It is one of my favorite things of the year, and when I get home my favorite Cleveland event of the year - the Cleveland International Film Festival - will be in full swing.

Until then, however, I have the rock to focus upon. And focus I will. I've been cobbling together a schedule of sorts and am bound and determined to see as many of the following acts as I can:

Abe Vigoda
Admiral Radley
The Antlers
Bear Hands
The Besnard Lakes
Best Coast
The Bewitched Hands on the Tops of our Heads
Califone
Camper Van Beethoven
Cheap Trick (at an in-store no less!!!)
Danielson
Everybody was in the French Resistance ... NOW!
Floating Action
Freelance Whales
Harlem
Lawrence Arabia
Liars
The Lovely Eggs
Man or Astroman?
The Octagon
Oh No Ono
The Pains of Being Pure At Heart
Paleface
The Rural Alberta Advantage
Slim Cessna's Auto Club
Small Black
The Smith Westerns
Suckers
Summer Cats
Surfer Blood
This Moment In Black History
Titus Andronicus
Jessie Torrisi
Yellow Fever

That's just a preliminary list, though, so if you have any tips on who else to see down there, please let me know!

3 comments:

chip said...

Lydia Loveless, from Columbus, is playing at BD Riley's on Thursday night at 10pm. She's a 19-year-old with a 50-year-old spirit and is like the foul-mouthed, smoking and drinking granddaughter or Loretta Lynn. Here's a link to something I wrote about her - http://www.donewaiting.com/2010/02/05/lydia-loveless-releases-the-only-man-finally/

Cookbook said...

Check out the Watson Twins. They are Louisville broads just like me.

http://my.sxsw.com/events/eid/8574

Alison said...

see grass widow. they are great and just signed to kill rock stars.