Friday, September 25, 2009

Why I love music

I can't even count how many albums by previously unknown (to me) bands I've listened to this year. Between this blog and Citizen Dick, I get like a billion in my email and US mail every week and can't ever keep up.

So when a band does make an impression on me, to the point that I actually buy their album, and listen to it over and over and over again, to me at least it is an indicator of something special.

There have been a few such special albums this year so far, and while I'm incredibly happy to have been turned on to projects like Abe Vigoda, Suckers, and Ramona Falls, just to name a few, I don't know if anyone has impressed me quite like Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

Earlier I got the video posted below forwarded to me by a publicist, and while you usually have to take that kind of thing with many grains of salt, I gotta say this time dude wasn't leading me astray.

Check out the video for the band's previously unreleased tune. The whole thing is wonderful, but especially at the 4:30 mark and even more so after, when you see the pure joy these band members experience when putting on their show.

As I said to a friend when I posted this link on his facebook page earlier, I want to be in this band.

I never say shit like that. Check it out.

No comments: