Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Return of the Show of the Month (aka Are you ready for the CB December Show of the Month?)

We haven't sponsored one of these since June and, for a while, I was wondering if I'd ever do it again.

When I heard that my good friend, Austin-based chanteuse Jessie Torrisi, was coming through town, however, that indecisiveness solidified into hardened resolved in no time flat.

Jessie's coming through our fair city along with a scaled-down, intimate version of her backing band, The Please Please Me. She'll be making a few appearances in the city while she is here, but the big draw is this Friday when she plays two sets on Waterloo Road. She'll be kicking things off with a set at Blue Arrow Records at 7, followed by a show at the Cafe at Arts Collinwood at 9. In between, there's a bunch of great stuff going on up and down the increasingly vital Waterloo arts corridor, including some super sweet deals at Music Saves, the best little indie rock record store in all of Cleveland Ohio America!

OK, now that I have you checking your watch and calendar, calculating the hours till the work week ends and the Please Please Me please you, I'll leave you with a little light reading: my original review of Jessie's album, written pre-friendship (so you know it is honest).

No comments: