Saturday, March 13, 2010

TONIGHT!

I've been doing a little brainstorming with Jacob Wesley Lang about ways to simultaneously encourage active engagement with artists in our shared Collinwood neighborhood and help market some of the available storefronts to small business owners looking for potential retail space.

I'm proud to announce our first endeavor, a pop-up effort dubbed the J Galt Galleries project. As you might have guessed, the name was inspired by Ayn Rand's character, one who Jacob appreciates for his dedication to self-empowerment and whose mission speaks to him on an artistic level. My thoughts on Rand are less charitable, but I got it when Jacob explained his vision to me and wasn't going to let quibbling over hyper-capitalist literature get in the way of doing something good for our neighborhood or city.

So here we are. Pop-up #1 at the former Shoparooni space. Stop in TONIGHT for a one-night only event.

No comments: