Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Even the longest weekend must end

Here I am, once again, at the ass end of another long weekend. Thanks to Veteran's Day, I haven't had to "work" in almost a week. Tomorrow should be decent, too; one exam to return, another lecture to finish.

Right now, I'm sitting at my "desk" (a stainless steel commercial kitchen table that has actually been converted pretty well), speed-grading essays on culture and politics while drinking Beck's tall boys that I got at a ridiculously reduced price and half-watching what I am frighteningly starting to realize is a Freddy Prinze Jr. movie marathon.

On a completely unrelated note, I must say that having bookshelves really lessens my furniture anxiety. It is bizarre to even have furniture anxiety, I think I just made it up, but it makes me much happier to have those bastards up on shelves and off the floor. Of course, that leaves more floorspace to keep clean ....

... good thing I'm the proud owner of a Swiffer!

No comments: